seat`s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat`s

has any body got a g model and any type of special,as i am having a problem getting a seat for the g model so i need to find out if the seats are the same from any special model to the g model,when i have sorted this out i will ask about the difference in side panels,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Scoobes,
    A quick look at Yamaha shows the '80 and '81 seems to be the same pan. I know the midnight is also the same as the special. You should be able to use either seat, the difference is in the cover design.
    This is just what I was able to get from looking at the online parts catalog. You may want to triple check with someone else.
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Hey there Scoobes, I have a Yamaha Accessory seat on my 81H. It's a double bucket that was for the Special. It's been on there for 25 yrs. now. The only problem is being for the Special the sides do more of a V causing the bottom of that V to rest on the chrome luggage frame. Gonna have it re-upolstered so gonna fix by cutting off the V making a somewhat straigher line on sides. The seats for both models fit cept for that and not being able to remove side covers without removing seat first. Hope that answers your questions.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I have the old seat off my G. Its not in very good shape. The cover is split, the pan has some surface rust and a couple of the barbs that hold the cover are broken.

If your interested let me know.

Steve
        80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
        73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
        62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
        Norton Electra - future restore
        CZ 400 MX'er
        68 Ducati Scrambler
        RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Working...
        X